Times of Malta, 4th June 2008 –
The newly restored façade of Our Lady of Lilies Musical Society of Mqabba was inaugurated last Sunday.
The façade underwent extensive restoration over the past 18 months.
The highlight of the inauguration ceremony, held under the patronage of Martin Galea, executive president of Din l-Art Ħelwa, was a musical programme performed by the Madonna tal-Ġilju band before an audience of 800 people in the village main square.
The façade is a post-war work, completed in 1948 by locals under the leadership of Baskal Xuereb. Consisting of three stories, each adorned with hand carved sculpture, the façade comprises three different architectural orders, namely Ionic, Doric and Corinthian.
The most recent addition was done in 1986 with the artistic frontispiece featuring a dominant bust of Our Lady of Lilies, club patron
Comments are closed.